Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Saint Faustina

Today is the anniversary of Saint Faustina's birthday. Read more about her life and God's mission for her.

Let us reflect on this entry of Sister Faustina's diary from fall 1935:
O God, how I desire that souls come to know You and to see that You have created them because of Your unfathomable love. O my Creator and Lord, I feel that I am going to remove the veil of heaven so that earth will not doubt Your goodness.

Make of me, Jesus, a pure and agreeable offering before the Face of Your Father. Jesus, transform me, miserable and sinful as I am, into Your own self (for You can do all things), and give me to Your Eternal Father. I want to become a sacrificial host before You, but an ordinary wafer to people. I want the fragrance of my sacrifice be known to You alone. O Eternal God, an unquenchable fire of supplication for Your mercy burns within me. I know and understand that this is my task here and in eternity. You yourself have told me to speak about this great mercy and about Your goodness. (Diary entry 483)

No comments:

Post a Comment