Friday, October 7, 2011

Our Lady of the Rosary, Pray for Us

Celebrate the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, Our Lady of Victory, with a rosary offering to Our Mother and reflection on this entry from Saint Faustina's diary.

August 5, 1935. The Feast of Our Lady of Mercy.

I prepared for this feast with greater zeal than in previous years. On the morning of the feast itself, I experienced an inner struggle at the thought that I must leave this Congregation which enjoys such special protection from Mary. This struggle lasted through the meditation and through the first Mass as well. During the second Mass, I turned to our Holy Mother, telling Her that is was difficult for me to separate myself from this Congregation.... "which is under Your special protection, O Mary." Then I saw the Blessed Virgin, unspeakably beautiful. She came down from the altar to my kneeler, held me close to Herself and said to me, I am Mother to you all, thanks to the unfathomable mercy of God. Most pleasing to Me is that soul which faithfully carries out the will of God. She gave me to understand that I had faithfully fulfilled the will of God and had thus found favor in His eyes. Be courageous. Do not fear apparent obstacles, but fix your gaze upon the Passion of My Son, and in this way you will be victorious. (Diary entry 449)

No comments:

Post a Comment