Friday, November 11, 2011

Jesus, Speak to My Heart

In this passage from Saint Faustina's diary we see how we should act in the face of trouble and realize that we must not despair no matter how great the darkness. Go to the Blessed Sacrament for healing and comfort.

O my Jesus, despite the deep night that is all around me and the dark clouds which hide the horizon, I know that the sun never goes out. O Lord, though I cannot comprehend You and do not understand Your ways, I nonetheless trust in Your mercy. If it is Your will, Lord, that I live always in such darkness, may You be blessed. I ask You only one thing, Jesus: do not allow me to offend You in any way. O my Jesus, You alone know the longings and the sufferings of my heart. I am glad I can suffer for You, however little. When I feel that the suffering is more than I can bear, I take refuge in the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, and I speak to Him with profound silence. (Diary entry 73)

No comments:

Post a Comment