Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Saint Faustina's Practices for Lent

Let's imitate Saint Faustina's actions to make our Lent holy. Even if we can do one act daily and dedicate it for the salvation of souls, Heaven will rejoice.

Sister Faustina wrote in February 1937:
Small practices for Lent. Although I wish and desire to do so, I cannot practice big mortifications as before, because I am under the strict surveillance of the doctor. But I can practice little things: first-sleep without a pillow; keep myself a little hungry; every day, with my arms outstretched, say the chaplet which the Lord taught me; occasionally, with arms outstretched, for an indefinite period of time pray informally. Intention: to beg divine mercy for poor sinners, and for priests, the power to bring sinful hearts to repentance. (Diary entry 934)

Let's pray the Chaplet with outstreched arms with the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment