Sunday, March 24, 2013

How to Talk to God

Reading the passion story of Jesus Christ, let's focus on one part that teaches us how to talk to God. We must be like the good thief when we approach Christ.

It's easy to react like the other criminal, who says “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us” as the three are dying on their crosses.

How many times have we said, "Jesus, where are You? Help me! You can do anything. Are You listening?"

But, instead, our prayer should be attentive to the will of God first. So like the good thief, we must say, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Let our prayer be: "Jesus, I love you and I want only Your will for me. Hear me, for I trust in You. I ask for grace, strength, patience and peace of mind and heart. Have mercy on us."

From Luke's account of Christ's passion and death:
Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying,
“Are you not the Christ?
Save yourself and us.”
The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply,
“Have you no fear of God,
for you are subject to the same condemnation?
And indeed, we have been condemned justly,
for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes,
but this man has done nothing criminal.”
Then he said,
“Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
He replied to him,
“Amen, I say to you,
today you will be with me in Paradise.”


Read today's Gospel, Luke 22:14—23:56

No comments:

Post a Comment