Tuesday, April 9, 2013

'Do Whatever Is Within Your Power To Spread Devotion to My Mercy'

Jesus invites each one of us to approach His Most Merciful Divine Heart and experience His tender Love. This is a beautiful passage in Saint Faustina's diary. Our Lord appeared to her multiple times throughout her young life, imparting messages of peace and kindness to her and to us. Read this entry, think about it and then live it.

April 1937
When I went for adoration, I heard these words: My beloved daughter, write down these words, that today My Heart has rested in this convent [the Cracow house]. Tell the world about My mercy and My love. 

The flames of mercy are burning me. I desire to pour them out upon human souls. Oh, what pain they cause Me when they do not want to accept them! 

My daughter, do whatever is within your power to spread devotion to My mercy. I will make up for what you lack. Tell aching mankind to snuggle close to My  merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace.

Tell [all people], My daughter, that I am Love and Mercy itself. When a soul approaches Me with trust, I fill it with such an abundance of graces that it cannot contain them within itself, but radiates them to other souls. (Diary entry 1074)

We are loved abundantly, but do we show love? Do we allow God's Mercy to work in us and through us to help bring others to salvation? Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. It's one very easy way to show mercy and love.

Go to your parish church and ask that the Chaplet of Divine Mercy become part of the daily devotions offered. Urge your pastor to include opportunities to pray the Chaplet as a group on special feast days and at church events. 
Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy to save souls with the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment