Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Do You Want to Receive God's Grace?

In May 1938, Saint Faustina tells us of a loving talk with Jesus that helps us understand how much He wants to love us. When you love someone, you want to give them gifts. So accept God's gifts to you!

Be free of sin, so you can receive His grace with a pure and open heart. Faustina wrote:

After Holy Mass, I went out to the garden to make my meditation, since there were not yet any patients in the garden at this time, and so I felt at ease. As I was meditating on the blessings of God, my heart was burning with a love so strong that it seemed my breast would burst. Suddenly Jesus stood before me and said, What are you doing here so early? I answered, "I am thinking of You, of Your mercy and Your goodness toward us. And You, Jesus, what are You doing here?" I have come out to meet you, to lavish new graces on you. I am looking for souls who would like to receive My grace. (Diary entry 1705)

Prayer for God's Grace

Oh my God, You know my weakness and failings, and that without Your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others’. Grant me, therefore, the help of Your grace. Grant it according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the task You will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and help me work hard at my appointed tasks. Teach me to bear patiently all the trials of suffering or failure that may come to me today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment