Saturday, October 17, 2020

Prayer of Spiritual Communion

 


Eternal Father, I offer up to Thee my intellect, that it may learn to know Thee alone.  Sweetest Jesus, I offer up to Thee my memory, that it may remember Thee alone.  

Holy Spirit, Spirit of Charity, I offer up to Thee my will, that Thou mayest enkindle and warm it by Thine divine love.   

Adorn my soul with Thy seven gifts, and let me become thy pure temple. Fill me with Thy grace, and prepare my heart to receive spiritually my God.  

Jesus, my God, as I am unable to receive Thee sacramentally, do Thou receive me into Thy Heart and unite me so perfectly with It that nothing may ever be able to separate me, even for a moment, from Thee.  

Engulf my misery and my nothingness in the abyss of Thy mercy, that I, changed into Thee, may henceforth live only for Thee, by Thee, and in Thee.  

Come, therefore, Thou, my only satisfaction, come to take possession of this heart, which belongs to Thee, and cannot live one moment without Thee.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment