Tuesday, May 25, 2021

It's Saint Padre Pio's Birthday

 

A great modern saint of the Church was born today. 

Padre Pio was born on May 25, 1887, in Italy. Ordained a priest in 1910, he later received the wounds of Jesus's passion -- or the stigmata -- on September 20, 1918.  

His life was marked by intense suffering but filled with a deep love of God through his long hours of prayer and hearing confessions. His stigmatized wounds healed 50 years later on September 20, 1968, and he died three days later on September 23, 1968. He was canonized in 2002 by Pope John Paul II.

Padre Pio is a particularly powerful saint for anyone experiencing deep suffering, whether physical, spiritual, mental or emotional. He hears and he heals through Jesus's love for us. Padre Pio will be a spiritual father to us if we ask him. Go to him with this beautiful prayer of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. 

Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

This novena prayer was recited every day by Padre Pio for all those who asked his prayers.

I. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.’ Behold, I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of…

Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be to the Father… Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

II. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, He will give it to you.’ Behold, in Your name, I ask the Father for the grace of…

Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be to the Father… Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

III. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, heaven and Earth will pass away but my words will not pass away.’ Encouraged by Your infallible words, I now ask for the grace of…

Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be to the Father…  Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us poor sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of You, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate heart of Mary, Your tender mother and ours.  

Hail, Holy Queen… Saint Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment