Monday, January 10, 2011

Prayer to Saint Philomena


Credited with countless miracles and intercessions since discovery of her tomb in the most ancient catacombs of Saint Priscilla in Rome in 1802, Saint Philomena is prayed to by people of diverse ages, culture and social standing around the world. The young virgin who was martyred at age 13, willingly traded her earthly life for heavenly salvation and continues her work today promoting the virtues of purity and sanctity among the world’s youth and bringing the faithful closer to our Blessed Mother and Jesus Christ. Her feast day is August 11. (Read about Saint Philomena, Patroness and Protrectress of the Living Rosary.)

Holy Martyr, Saint Philomena, pray for us.

O FAITHFUL VIRGIN and glorious martyr, Saint Philomena, who works so many miracles on behalf of the poor and sorrowing, have pity on me. Thou knowest the multitude and diversity of my needs. Behold me at thy feet, full of misery, but full of hope. I entreat thy charity, O great Saint! Graciously hear me and obtain from God a favorable answer to the request which I now humbly lay before thee...(Here specify your petition.) I am firmly convinced that through thy merits, through the scorn, the sufferings and death thou didst endure, united to the merits of the Passion and death of Jesus, thy Spouse, I shall obtain what I ask of thee, and in the joy of my heart I will bless God, who is admirable in His Saints. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment