Thursday, October 24, 2013

Doing God's Holy Will

How do we know God's will for us? Simply, it comes through prayer. You can obtain great clarity by a simple prayer and putting yourself in God's presence in eucharistic adoration or at Mass.

Saint Faustina writes in her diary in spring 1937.

In the evening, I heard these words in my soul: My daughter, know that I shall speak to you in a special way through this priest [Father Plaza] so that you may not yield to doubt concerning My wishes. Already in the first meditation my soul was struck by the following words of the priest: I must not oppose God's will and God's designs, whatever they might be; and as soon as I am convinced of the certitude and the authenticity of the will of God, I have the duty of carrying it out. No one can release me from this. Whatever the will of God may be, once I have come to know it, I ought to carry it out. This is just a very short summary, but the whole meditation imprinted itself on my soul, and I have no doubts about anything. I know what God wants of me, and what I ought to do. (Diary entry 1101)

No comments:

Post a Comment