Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unite With Jesus in Holy Communion


Read the words of Jesus in this passage from Saint Faustina's diary, then think about the part of the Holy Mass when people line up for Holy Communion. Do they receive the Holy Host as a rote exercise, walking up, looking around at others, not paying attention? Or do they take the Lord into their hands and into their hearts in silence, listening to Him at the moment. Approach Holy Communion with the words in your heart, "Be merciful to me, O Lord, a sinner. Son of David, have pity on me."

Saint Faustina wrote in her diary in December 1937:

The Lord said to me, It should be of no concern to you how anyone else acts; you are to be My living reflection, through love and mercy.

I answered, "Lord, but they often take advantage of my goodness." That makes no difference, My daughter. That is no concern of yours. As for you, be always merciful toward other people, and especially toward sinners.

Oh, how painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me in Holy Communion. I wait for souls, and they are indifferent toward Me. I love them tenderly and sincerely, and they distrust Me. I want to lavish My graces on them, and they do not want to accept them. They treat Me as a dead object, whereas My Heart is full of love and mercy. In order that you may know at least some of My pain, imagine the most tender of mothers who has great love for her children, while those children spurn her love. Consider her pain. No one is in a position to console her. This is but a feeble image and likeness of My love. (Diary entries 1446 and 1447)

No comments:

Post a Comment